Taught by Shaykh Anwar Wright
Foreword: What is Incumbent Upon the New Muslim to Implement and to Abandon
- Why did Allāh ﷻ create mankind and what is the proof?
- Why did Allāh ﷻ send Messengers?
- What is the ruling on the who one who disbelieves in the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ?
- Mention the proof from the Qur’aan that Allāh ﷻ will not accept from mankind any religion besides Islam?
- What is the first thing that must be uttered by the one who wishes to enter into Islam?
- Mention three things the New Muslim must abandon.
- What must the New Muslim do if they cannot relocate to a Muslim land?
Chapter 1: Actions are Judged by Their Intentions
- Which Hadith is typically used by scholars to begin their books?
- What does it mean to be sincere?
- Give two examples of actions that require a sincere intention.
Chapter 2: The Obligation of Seeking Knowledge
- What is the proof of the obligation of seeking knowledge?
- Complete the sentence:
- “It is upon everyone Islamically accountable (for their actions) to learn ______________”
- Give some examples of obligatory knowledge.
Chapter 3: The Importance of the Correct ‘Aqidah
- What is “Aqīdah”?
- Why is it important to learn the correct Aqīdah?
- For the one with the correct Aqīdah, what are the two conditions required for an action to be accepted?
- Which verse did Imām al-Bukhārī use for his chapter “Knowledge Precedes Speech and Action”?
- List two benefits of having the correct Aqīdah.
- What parable does Allāh ﷻ give in the Qur’ān for the fundamental matters of faith?
- Are the people of theological rhetoric (Ahlul Kalam) upon the correct belief? Why or Why not?
Chapter 4: Tawhīd and its Types
- What does Tawhīd mean in relation to the Arabic Language and in relation to the religion of Islām?
- How many types of Tawhīd are there? What are they?
- What type of Tawhīd was affirmed by the disbelievers in the time of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ? What is the proof?
- Which type of Tawhīd was the source of disputes between the Messengers and their nations?
- What must we not do when affirming the Names and Attributes of Allāh ﷻ?
- List 2 Names of Allāh and 2 of His Attributes.
Chapter 5: Shirk and Some of its Manifestations (Associating Partners with Allāh)
- What is the opposite of Shirk?
- Bring one proof that Allāh will not forgive Shirk.
- How many categories of Shirk are there? Bring 2 examples for each type.
Chapter 6: Pillars of Islām in Brief
- How many pillars of Islām are there?
- What is the proof?
- What is the meaning of the testimony of faith?
- If an individual accepts all the pillars except for the testimony of faith, can that person be considered a Muslim?
- How many obligatory prayers are there in the day and night?
- What are they and when are they to be prayed?
- Explain what Zakāt is.
- Who is obligated to fast the month of Ramadhān?
- Complete the sentence:“Fasting is an act of worship which is done for Allāh alone by __________”
- Who is obligated to perform the Hajj?
- How often must they perform it?
- What is the reward for the one who performs the Hajj sincerely for Allāh ﷻ and following the guidance of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ?
Chapter 7: Pillars of Īmān in Brief
- How many pillars of Īmān are there? What is the proof?
- What does it mean to have belief in Allāh?
- List three facts about the Angels.
- What must we believe as it relates to His Books?
- Can a person choose to follow the Zabūr instead of the Qur’ān? List some of those named.
- What is the role of a Messenger?
- How many Messengers have been named in the Qur’ān? List some of those named.
- As a Muslim, how can we learn about the events of The Day of Judgement?
- What four things does belief in al-Qadr consist of?
One thought on “Class: A Comprehensive Guide for the New Muslim”
Do you have the questions for the chapters 8 and onward?